Healthcare, Transportation, & Warehouse Training Initiative
Funding for this initiative is made possible through a grant provided by the Louisiana Workforce Commission and administered by the Seventh Planning District Consortium Workforce Board/The Coordinating & Development Corporation (LWDA 70). LWDA 70 agrees to provide tuition to conduct healthcare training under the Medical Assistant Program at Northwest Louisiana Technical Community College and transportation/warehouse training under Industrial Readiness Training (IRT) at the Ben D. Johnson Educational Center to unemployed and underemployed individuals in Bienville, Bossier, Caddo, Claiborne, DeSoto, Lincoln, Natchitoches, Red River, Sabine, and Webster Parish who meet the eligibility requirements and have enrolled into HiRE.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Live in Bienville, Bossier, Caddo, Claiborne, DeSoto, Lincoln, Natchitoches, Red River, Sabine, or Webster Parish
- Be enrolled in HiRE
- Not a WIOA participant
- Meet with LWDA 70 staff for orientation
- Be unemployed or underemployed (proof of income)
- Actively looking for employment or currently employed and earning less than $50,000 a year.
For more information contact:
Candle Sattler, Director of Workforce Development
Seventh Planning District Consortium Workforce Board
4000 Viking Drive, Suite A-1, Bossier City, LA 71111
[email protected] | (318) 632-2022 x109